Are you looking for HubSpot SEO II Certification Exam answers? If yes, here you will find HubSpot’s latest and updated answer to the SEO II Certification Exam and get a certificate. This article will help you with the HubSpot SEO II Certification Exam Answers in the easiest ways.
The correct answers are marked in Green Color with a tick mark so that you don’t get confused about the correct answer to the question.
Use CTRL + F or Find In Page to find questions & answers.
Note: If the questions in the exam is not same/changed please share them with us, so that we update with the latest questions & answers
1. Liam is an SEO specialist at an advertising agency. He believes that he can improve the company’s search performance by creating a blog series and pillar page. However, the CEO has been hesitant to sign off because content creation takes a lot of time and she isn’t sure they’ll see the ROI. How can Liam convince the CEO that this is a worthwhile investment?
Show the CEO the Google Analytics and Search Console reports on how much traffic the company website is getting, their keyword rankings, and their click-through rate.
Create a slide deck presentation on content marketing and why it’s important to be constantly churning out fresh content for Google.
Gather data about the search volume for the keywords Liam wants to create content for, showing the CEO the potential search visibility, clicks, and leads they might gain by following this strategy.
2. Select all that apply. Which of the following strategies help you communicate the value of SEO to stakeholders?
Putting the user at the center of everything you do
Making your work accessible to people outside the SEO field
Following SEO blogs, newsletters, and social media
Tying your actions back to business goals
3. Why is it important to keep track of trends and updates in your business’ niche?
So you can better communicate with your colleagues and/or clients.
So you can anticipate how trends and updates might affect your website.
So you can become a subject matter expert in your business’ niche.
It isn’t important to keep track of trends and updates in your business’ niche.
4. What is an SEO competitive analysis?
The process of researching your business competitors to find out how you can beat them in the market
The process of generating reports on the search impressions, clicks, and click-through rate of web pages
The process by which you analyze the different keyword opportunities on your website
The process of identifying the strengths and weaknesses of you and your competitors’ SEO
5. Select all that apply. What are the goals you want to achieve through an SEO competitive analysis?
Discover your competitors’ winning strategies
Benchmark your current SEO performance
Reveal any competitor gaps or weaknesses
Identify areas of improvement in your SEO strategy
6. True or false? Your business competitors are not always the same as your SEO competitors.
7. What are keyword gaps?
The phrases that your competitors are ranking for, but you aren’t
The keywords that you currently aren’t targeting
The phrases that don’t have a lot of search traffic
The search phrases that your website does not rank for
8. Select all that apply. Why is it important to identify the strengths and weaknesses of your website and your competitors’ sites?
To capitalize on your competitors’ weaknesses
To stay up-to-date on trends in search
To optimize the strengths of your website
To improve the weak areas of your site
9. True or false? When performing an SEO competitive analysis, you do not need to analyze your site on a page-by-page basis.
10. What would you be tracking in a goal completion report in Google Analytics?
Which goals are being completed (e.g., form submissions, pages visited, or events triggered)
Which pages attribute to the most goal completions and their conversion rates
The proportion of goal completions in comparison with overall page visits
All of the above
11. What is the best timeframe to report on content to lead generation?
12. Select all that apply. Which of the following metrics should be included in a content quality report?
Average time on page
Organic search impressions
13. Which type of report will show you what brought people to a particular page?
Keyword rank in Ahrefs
Content to leads in HubSpot
Goal completions in Google Analytics
Clicks to impressions to CTR in Google Search Console
14. Greta is an SEO professional working for a large law firm. She is gathering her monthly reports on their website performance, and her manager has asked that she focus on demonstrating how SEO is contributing to the business’ bottom line. What type of report should Greta pull in order to best show the ROI of SEO?
A goal completion report, which shows which pages are generating the most form submissions
A content to leads report, that shows which pages are converting the most leads
A keyword rank report, which shows the overall web presence of their keywords
A top pages report, which shows which pages are generating the most traffic to their website
15. Select all that apply. Which of the following are examples of site moves with URL changes?
Domain name changes
Hosting provider changes
URL path changes
16. Select all that apply. What are the advantages of migrating a large site in sections?
Making fewer changes at once decreases the risks of errors.
Google recommends migrating large sites in sections if possible.
It can be less expensive for the business.
There are no advantages to migrating a site in sections.
17. What are the proper use cases for 301 and 302 redirects?
Use 301 redirects for top-priority pages that you want Google to index first. Use 302 redirects for lower-priority pages which can be indexed later.
Use 301 redirects all the time. There are no proper use cases for 302 redirects.
Use 301 redirects when the change is not permanent. Use 302 redirects when the old URL is moving permanently to the new URL.
Use 301 redirects when the old URL is moving permanently to the new URL. Use 302 redirects when the change is not permanent.
18. Jenny is in charge of creating the URL mapping file for her company’s website migration project. While working on it, she notices that there are many pages which have no corresponding page on the new site, because they have been either removed or consolidated. She isn’t sure what to do about these pages. What would you suggest Jenny do in this scenario?
She should redirect all orphan pages to the website homepage.
She should redirect each orphan page to its parent category page or the most relevant similar page.
She should not redirect these pages.
19. True or false? It is best practice to avoid redirect chains by redirecting straight to a page’s final destination.
20. When is the best time to execute a site migration?
On the day when the site historically has its highest traffic to maximize the visibility of the new site
On a weekday between 6PM and 11PM
On a day that will have the least impact on your business revenue, ideally during off-peak hours
It doesn’t matter what day or time you execute a site migration, they will all have the same effect.
21. During which stage of a migration should you benchmark site performance metrics?
During the migration
There is no identified stage for benchmarking site performance metrics.
22. True or false? Moving a site from HTTP to HTTPS does not count as a site migration.
23. Select all that apply. Which of the following status codes should you focus on resolving during a technical SEO audit?
24. Crawl budget is mainly a concern for which types of websites?
Websites with less than 1,000 pages
Websites with over 10,000 pages
Websites in regulated industries
All of the above
25. Select all that apply. Which of the following should you avoid to reduce a site’s crawl budget?
Navigation menus with over 7 items
Long redirect chains
27. Blake is going through a technical SEO audit for his company’s website when he notices that several pages are taking 6 or more seconds to load. He knows this is too slow and he needs to speed them up, but isn’t sure how to identify what’s causing the slowdown or how to fix it. To get started, what should Blake look into?
Large code files that could be minified
Large image or video files that could be compressed
All of the above
28. What is the purpose of limiting HTTP requests?
To remove extraneous code and empty spaces in HTML and CSS files to improve page performance
To reduce a page’s overall download size in order to increase its load speed
To reduce the frequency at which a browser needs to download information on a page, increasing its load speed
To maximize website caching so a page can load faster
29. Which of the following is NOT a strategy to limit HTTP requests?
Combining text resources
Minifying code files
Combining image resources
30. Fill in the blank: ___ happens when the server saves the result of a single render and serves that same result when requested again.
31. True or false? Most elements of a website can be cached.
32. Which of the following is NOT a function of the robots.txt file?
Show search engine bots all the pages on a site
Prevent search engines from crawling private pages
Keep search engine bots from overwhelming server resources
Specify the location of your sitemap
33. Select all that apply. Which of the following are included in Google’s Page Experience update?
Intrusive interstitial guidelines
Core Web Vitals
34. Claire is analyzing her website’s Core Web Vitals and notices that LCP is occurring at 10 seconds, which is much longer than what Google recommends. Which of the following elements could be contributing to slowing down Claire’s page?
A pop-up banner, appearing halfway down the page
A navigation menu with more than 7 items
An embedded video below the page header
A non-responsive website design
35. True or false? Page experience is the primary ranking factor for Google, even more important than a page’s content.
36. What is Largest Contentful Paint (LCP)?
The visual stability of a website or how predictable it is to use
The length of time it takes for a page to react after a user interacts with it
The length of time it takes for the element using the most amount of pixels to render on a user’s screen
None of the above
37. True or false? Cumulative Layout Shift is only measured on a page’s first load.
38. What is lazy loading?
A technique that involves loading non-critical assets on a page only when needed
A type of responsive website design
A strategy that involves combining image resources by utilizing image sprites
39. Adding inline CSS dimensions to images, videos, and gifs helps improve which Core Web Vital?
Largest Contentful Paint
First Input Delay
Cumulative Layout Shift
It does not help improve any of the Core Web Vitals.
40. What is the best practice for using website pop-ups in a user-friendly way?
The pop-up should appear in at least three different locations on a page to cater to all buyer personas.
The pop-up should take up as much space on the page as possible so that users can easily see it.
The pop-up should take up a reasonable amount of space on the screen and not prevent users from accessing content.
There are no user-friendly ways to use pop-ups and they should be avoided entirely.
41. Fill in the blanks: ___ and ___ form the foundation of technical SEO.
Website performance; crawlability
Crawl budget; mobile-friendliness
Site speed; on-page SEO
42. True or false? If you improve the speed at which individual pages load, you’ll improve your overall site speed.
43. Select all that apply. What are the main categories of site moves?
Site moves with domain name changes
Site moves with URL changes
Site moves with infrastructure changes
Site moves without URL changes
44. Fill in the blank: ___ occurs when a user quickly navigates back and forth between pages in search results.
45. Why is it important to keep track of Google algorithm updates?
It can help you outsmart Google.
It can help you better communicate the ROI of SEO to your stakeholders.
It isn’t important to keep track of Google algorithm updates.
It can help you understand how your site has been affected in the past and/or could be affected in the future.
46. What is the purpose of an image sprite?
To decrease the number of image files that are limiting your load speed
To reduce the load time of a page by automatically compressing the size of all images
To enhance consistency and ensure that all of your icons match across your entire website
Both A and C
47. True or false? You can minify code or compress it, but you cannot do both.
48. What is Google Page Experience?
A set of signals that measures a website’s user experience, specifically on mobile devices
A set of signals that measure how users perceive the experience of interacting with a web page beyond its pure information value
A group of metrics Google uses to determine if a website’s content is accessible
A report available in Google Search Console that shows which pages are mobile-friendly
49. What is the first step in any website migration project?
Creating a URL mapping file
Putting together a technical SEO specification
Scoping the project to create a project plan
50. Fill in the blank: ___ happens when the server tells a web browser to keep the files it downloads, so it doesn’t have to download them again in the future.
51. What is the purpose of a URL mapping file?
To create a map for Google to follow the redirect path
To map out how many 301 vs. 302 redirects you need
To map the old site URL to the new site URL
To avoid pages being interpreted as soft 404’s
52. What is a technical SEO specification?
A document used during a website migration which captures SEO elements that need to be changed or transferred to the new site.
A list of technical SEO issues on a website that need to be resolved, which are gathered during a technical SEO audit.
A comprehensive definition list of technical SEO terms to use when communicating with stakeholders.
A spreadsheet used during a technical SEO audit which keeps track of metadata on the site
53. Which of the following is the most important aspect of a mobile-friendly website?
Mobile site matching the desktop site
Responsive website design
Images and videos
Avoiding intrusive pop-ups
54. Raquel is working on a technical SEO audit for a new client who recently decided to move their website from HTTP to HTTPS. When starting her audit, Raquel notices that some HTTP pages were never redirected to the HTTPS pages, which is now causing issues for the site in search. However, this client is very resistant to the idea of implementing more redirects, since they’ve heard that this can lead to a drop in their search performance. How should Raquel approach this situation with her client?
She should stop the technical SEO audit completely and tell her client that she cannot continue until they have resolved the issues with redirecting the HTTP pages to HTTPS.
She should explain to her client how redirects work (focusing on how 301 redirects pass “link juice” to new pages), explain how having both HTTP and HTTPS pages creates duplicate content, and how this can negatively affect the site’s performance.
She should explain that while improperly implemented redirects can result in a drop in search performance, they are a necessary evil and redirecting the HTTP pages to HTTPS must happen immediately.
55. What are the three aspects of a website’s user experience, as measured by Core Web Vitals?
Visual stability, interactivity, and design
Interactivity, mobile-friendliness, and speed
Loading, responsive design, and accessibility
Loading, interactivity, and visual stability
56. Select all that apply. Which of the following can negatively impact your CLS score?
Images and iframes without inline dimensions
Large items like YouTube video embeds or image sliders
Dynamically injected content
Improperly loaded custom webfonts
57. Dana is an SEO freelancer working with a client who is redesigning their website. The client’s designer has come up with a design that uses four custom fonts, but Dana voices their concern that this could have a negative impact on the site’s performance. How can Dana explain this issue to their client, and what solution can they propose?
Using custom fonts is looked up unfavorably by Google, as they prefer designers to use exclusively Google fonts to promote their brand. The designer should use Google fonts in order to comply with these guidelines.
Using more than two fonts of any kind can confuse users, provide a poor user experience, and increase the page’s LCP. Instead, the designer should use just a single Google font across the entire site.
Using more than two custom fonts can cause fonts to flicker on loading, showing a flash of unstyled text. This is a poor user experience and increases the CLS score. Instead, the designer should try to find comparable Google fonts to use.
58. What is modification?
The process of reducing resource size by removing unnecessary comments and spacing in the source code
The process of replacing repetitive pieces of code with markers directing to the first instance of that code
The process of redirecting large groups of URLs in batches during a site move
59. Jeremiah is an in-house SEO specialist for a car rental company with locations across the U.S. He works closely with the firm’s web designer, Maria, who mentions to him that she’d like to contextualize the site’s homepage by displaying the nearest car rental pickup spot based on the user’s location. Jeremiah thinks this is a great idea, but has concerns about how it may slow down the site. What solution could Jeremiah employ to keep the functionality while maintaining the site speed?
There is no solution to keep this functionality and avoid slowing down the page, resulting in decreased performance. Therefore, Jeremiah should recommend that Maria not use it.
60. Which of the following does Google consider a good CLS score?
61. Mariah is performing an SEO competitive analysis on her client’s website. She identifies that their backlink profile is relatively weak, primarily because her client believes backlinks are a trend and isn’t interested in investing in them. However, she notices that their top competitors have received backlinks from a few reputable news agencies and aggregator sites. As a result, they are outranking her client in the SERPs. How should Mariah approach this situation with her client?
Mariah should educate her client on the value provided by high-quality backlinks, then suggest a strategy of approaching the same sites which link to their competitors and ask for a similar backlink to their website.
Mariah should send her client information from popular SEO blogs about backlinks, then propose that she start a cold outreach campaign to 100 relevant websites to ask for links.
Mariah should instead focus on content marketing and creating more high-quality blog posts.
Are These HubSpot SEO II Certification Exam Answers Correct?
Yes, these HubSpot SEO II Certification Exam Answers are 100% correct.
Are These Questions Are Latest Ones?
Yes, all these questions are the latest ones to improve your experience. I keep updating the article with the latest answers, so check and bookmark the page.
Will I get a certificate?
Yes, at the end of the exam, you will be awarded a certificate when you pass with min score.
I’m assuming that this article would be helpful for you to find all the HubSpot SEO II Certification Exam Answers. If this article helped you in any way, then make sure to share it with your friends on social media and let them know about this excellent training; you can also check out our other free courses.