Are you looking for NPTEL Introduction to Machine Learning Assignment Week 11 Answers? If yes, you will find the answers to the questions asked in the NPTEL Introduction to Machine Learning quiz exam here. If you are preparing for this exam this article will help you in finding the latest and updated answers.
There is a total of 5 questions related to Gaussian Mixture Models, and Expectation Maximization. The correct answers are marked in Green Color with a tick sign.
Note: If the questions in the exam is not same/changed please share them with us, so that we update with the latest questions & answers
NPTEL Introduction to Machine Learning Assignment Week 11 Answers
1. Given n samples x1, x2, …,xN drawn independently from an Geometric distribution unknown parameter p given by pdf
Pr(X = K) = (1-p)k-1p for k =1, 2, 3, …, find the MLE of p.
2. Suppose we are trying to model a p dimensional Gaussian distribution. What is the actual number of independent parameters that need to be estimated in mean and covariance matrix respectively?
3. Given n samples x1, x2, …, xN drawn independently from a Bionomial distribution unknown parameter p, find the MLE of p. Binomial Distribution is used to model ‘x’ successes in ‘n’ Bernoulli trials. Its p.d.f. is given by:
f(x, n, p) = (nx) px (1 – p)n-x
for x = 0, 1, 2, …, n, where (nx) = n!/x!(n – x)!
4. In Gaussian Mixture Models, πi are the mixing coefficients. Select the incorrect conditions that the mixing coefficients need to satisfy for a valid GMM model.
5. Expectation-Maximization, or the EM algorithm, consists of two steps- E step and the M-step. Using the following notation, select the correct set of equations used at each step of the algorithm.
X Known/Given variables/data
Z Hidden/Unknown variables
θ Total set of parameters to be learned
θk Values of all the parameters after stage k
Q(,)The Q-function as described in the lectures
NPTEL Introduction to Machine Learning Course is an online free course by IIT Madras that has been developed by Prof. Balaraman Ravindran. The main aim of this course is to provide the basic concepts of machine learning from a mathematically well-motivated perspective.
Yes, all these answers are 100% correct.
Yes, these answers are up to date with the latest questions.
Yes, you will get a certificate but it costs ₹1000 exam fee.
I hope now you know all the NPTEL Introduction to Machine Learning Assignment Week 11 Answers. If this article helped you find the NPTEL Introduction to Machine Learning Course Answer don’t forget to share it with your friends who are looking for NPTEL Introduction to Machine Learning Assignment Answers.